Expand your education and social network by joining a graduate-specific student organization.
If you enroll as a graduate student, you will automatically be a member of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO). The GSO offers you social opportunities, and facilitates connections to services all over campus, including:
- Subsidized Student Legal Services, which offers free legal counsel on issues ranging from lease reviews to moving violations, and partner with many other services on campus.
- Subsidized tuition at the Early Education and Child Care Center and Bernice Wright Nursery School, providing lower cost childcare for graduate students with families.
- Expanded programming with Career Services and the Future Professoriate Program, providing additional workshops and panels to help you make the most of graduate school, both while you’re here and on the job market.
- Travel Grant funding, as well as funding for Special Programming events throughout the year, which are put on by and for graduate students and the greater SU community.
- The Inn Complete, a graduate student pub with a unique atmosphere, variety of games, and entertainment. In partnership with the GSO for nearly two decades, this is a hidden hot spot and social point for all graduate students.
- Subsidized trips with the Outdoor Education Program, ranging from a few hours to a few days of adventure and education.
- Free beginning- and end-of-year picnics, beer tastings, wine tastings, and many more opportunities to meet your fellow grad students.